Why I love Stella McCartney--let me count the ways, literally:
1. Amazing design. Did you see Justin Timberlake’s Halftime show during the Super Bowl? Then you saw Stella at her finest—menswear + vegan + JT, I died!
2. She is on every level: Paris Runways, Vogue covers, Australian Target, H&M, Adidas, and the list goes on. Let me know if you got any of the H&M or Target pieces, they sold out in record time!
3. She is an animal activist leading her industry to use more sustainable resources. She is literally saving the planet people! I learned about this guppyfriend wash bag from her twitter post. It keeps microfibers from our synthetic clothes from getting into the water system. Unfortunately the water treatment plants can’t filter them out and they get into the ecosystem killing aquatic wildlife and ending up in our tap water, ergo, your horse’s water trough.
4. She is an equestrian, born and raised in the Scottish countryside. She still find the time to ride, and get ready to be jealous—her husband (who works for the company that makes those Hunter boots everyone is wearing) gave her a horse for a wedding present, sigh.
5. The first Jeffrey Fashion Cares fashion show I attended had a Stella McCartney clutch up for silent auction. I touched it and I couldn't put it down. It wasn't leather, it was softer, just as luxurious, and not suede..I couldn't put my finger on what it was. And I still can't because she won't say. It's apparently made from vegan materials with vegetable coating. Whatever your secret is Stella, it's working....and pass the salad please!